Clinical Asthma Collaborative Web Conferences
Access Archived Audio and PowerPoint Presentations on best practice asthma care and management.
Asthma Data and Reports
The EPR-3 Summary Report 2007
From the NIH/NHLBI, the “EPR–3 Summary Report 2007 provides key information on the diagnosis and management of asthma. Summary information is provided on measures of assessment and monitoring, education for a partnership in asthma care, control of environmental factors and comorbid conditions that affect asthma, and medications. Key tables and figures from the full report are included for easy reference.”
Strategic Plan for Asthma in California:
Fact Sheet: Asthma’s Impact on California
Asthma in California: A Surveillance Report
Free Asthma Webinars:
NIH Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma
Lung Diseases and Conditions resources for community
National Asthma Control Initiative
Physician Asthma Care Education Program
Respiratory Inhalers Posters
Childcare Providers Training: Local
School:Policy & Advocacy
Green Cleaning Products/Allergy and Asthma friendly certified products
California Asthma Partners
National Asthma Education and Prevention Program
Americans Sign Language Institute: Information about Asthma from CDC
Consumer Asthma eNewsletters, Support Groups, articles on Food Allergies, Asthma & More
- Where to find local support groups
Other U.S. Organizations
- Allergy and Asthma Network, Mothers of Asthmatics (AANMA) – This national nonprofit network of families offers information about living with allergies and asthma. Their Web site can help with your questions, concerns, and fears about asthma.
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) – If you think your child might have asthma, the first step is talking to a doctor or other medical professional. This Web site offers information about childhood asthma in English and Spanish.
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) – This site provides information about asthma management and how to manage symptoms with an asthma action plan.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) – Asthma and allergies are among the most common chronic childhood diseases. It is important for family members to learn how to identify and avoid asthma and allergen triggers, recognize and present asthma attacks, understand medications, and help manage symptoms. This site offers information to help you learn more about childhood asthma and allergies.
- American Lung Association (ALA) – This organization works to improve lung health and prevent lung disease through Education, Advocacy and Research.
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) – This nonprofit organization is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with asthma and allergies and their caregivers. The site offers a multimedia library, a glossary of asthma terms, and a list of health professional programs educating and caring for patients with asthma.
- The National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) – This organization advances environmental knowledge among health professionals to improve the public’s health with a special emphasis on children and underserved populations. This website explains their work, including the CDC- and EPA-funded Pediatric Asthma Initiative, which aims to integrate environmental management of asthma into pediatric medical and nursing education and practice.