E-cigarette manufacturers are spreading a lot of misinformation regarding their products. We’d like to offer the facts so that you can make the best informed decisions to protect your health.
MYTH: “E-cigarettes are a healthy alternative to smoking”
- FACT: Right now, there is no proof showing that e-cigarettes (e-cigs) or vaping is safe. Just like in regular cigarettes, the vapor inside the e-cig contains harmful material. Inside there is fluid used to embalm, chemicals that can cause cancer, toxins, poisons, and metals.
MYTH: “E-cigarettes can help people quit smoking.”
- FACT: E-cigarettes’ ability to aid in helping people quit smoking has not been proven.
MYTH: “E-cigarettes are not marketed towards youth.”
- FACT: The data shows that more youth now use. The way e-cigs look and the flavors they come in appeal to young people. This leads them to smoke normal cigarettes.
MYTH: “It is safe to smoke e-cigs around others”
- FACT: When people smoke around you, harmful health effects can occur. The vapor puts small liquid matter into indoor air that can cause cancer and contains nicotine.
MYTH: “E-cigarettes are a socially acceptable alternative to regular cigarettes”
- FACT: Although vaping fluid doesn’t contain tobacco, most contains nicotine – the chemical that makes you an addict. You can be more easily hooked on nicotine than cocaine or heroin.