The 024u™ Environmental Education program is a multi-week after-school program that empowers elementary school children (grades 4 & 5) in under-served communities to make a change for clean air by integrating non-toxic substances in their homes, incorporating reduce, recycle, and reuse habits into their everyday lives, and encourages them to be advocates for clean air in their community. Equipped with health education and the tools necessary to improve their indoor and outdoor environments, children learn to manage health risks and prevent environmental related illnesses such as asthma.
The 024u™ curriculum consists of six distinct modules:
- Air Pollution and Environmental Changes
- Health Effects of Air Pollution
- Toxic Indoor Environments
- Kids Can Make a Difference for Clean Air
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Alternate and Renewable Fuels
Upon completion of the 024u™ program, students will:
- Identify new ways they can personally make environmentally conscious decisions;
- Increase their knowledge about the causes and health effects of environmental pollution;
- Increase their confidence in their ability to create a more healthy future;
- Report increased self-awareness and awareness of community issues;
- Develop the foundation to effect positive change within their local community.
The program uniquely addresses environmental education with proven outcomes:
- 75% of students increase their knowledge about the causes and health effects of environmental pollution.
- 80% of students report behavior changes such as recycling and reduced resource consumption.
- 75% of students with family members affected by asthma report fewer exacerbations and reduced exposure to asthma triggers.
Contact us to schedule this program: (650) 994-5868 or firstname.lastname@example.org